Visit our Yorkville partner for Acne treatment at:
24 Bellair Street, 3rd Floor
Toronto, ON M5R 2C7
Acne is a common skin condition
that can occur at any age. Contrary to what many of us have been told, acne is not our fault. It is not caused by junk food, poor hygiene or stress, although in some cases these factors may aggravate an existing problem. Acne pimples, black heads and white heads occur when excess oils from our sebaceous glands become trapped within the skin’s pores or follicles and cannot reach the surface of the skin. When oil is trapped, it produces a type of bacteria referred to as P. acnes. This bacteria inflames the skin, resulting in varying degrees of acneic outbreak from mild to severe. Exfoliating acneic skin with the idea that this alone will unclog pores can aggravate already inflamed skin and spread bacteria to unaffected areas so that breakouts become cyclical and persistent.
- The physicians that you will see are family doctors specializing in acne care. They are exceptionally well trained and experienced in thousands of clinical cases.
- Our physicians and nurses have specialized certification in Laser treatments, BOTOX, Restylane, and foto facials RF.
- Your appointments will not require a referral.
- We can schedule your appointment right away.
- Your waiting time in the office will be minimal, usually less than 10 minutes.
- All our patients are closely followed to ensure that treatments are working.
- The initial consultation lasts approximately 30 minutes.
- Our nurse educates our patients on a variety of pertinent issues related to good skin care. Issues such as soap, moisturizers, makeup, and proper use of acne medication.
- Our physicians assess your skin and make recommendations about treatment.
- Acne medication in sample sizes are usually available for trial use before a prescription is given.
- Your consultation is covered by OHIP, so please bring your OHIP card.
The Acne Treatment center uses liquid nitrogen for removal of Senile and Seborrheic Keratoses (age spots).
This treatment leads to rapid pimple healing-usually within 24 hours and thus minimizes the possibility of scarring.
Removal of blackheads of whiteheads with an extractor.
Medical Treatment Options
Our medical staff are well trained in the use of all forms of acne therapies including:
- Topical Retinoids – Vitamin A acid®
- Topical Benzoyl Peroxides – Solugel®
- Panoxyl® Benzamycin®
- Topical Antibiotics – Sans Acne®
- Dalacin T®
- Systemic Antibiotics – Tetracycline®
- Hormonal Treatment – Oral contraceptives
- Diane 35®
- Glycolic Acids – Neostrata®
- Isotretinoin – Accutane